- Raju Bhatt is one of the founders of Bhatt Murphy Solicitors. He served as a member of the Hillsborough Independent Panel which reported to the Home Secretary in 2012.
- Julie Bishop is Director of the UK Law Centres Network, a post that she has held for 8 years. Julie was Director of the National Association of Community Legal Centres in Australia for over 5 years.
- Sir Henry Brooke CMG is a retired Lord Justice of Appeal. He is an active patron of a number of legal NGOs, including Law for Life, the Harrow Law Centre and the Public Law Project. He has had over 50 years’ experience of legal aid issues.
- Joanne Cecil is a criminal defence practitioner with a wealth of experience in criminal advocacy.
- Andrea Davies is a specialist children lawyer with over 20 years of legal experience. She serves on the Law Society’s Children Panel.
- David Gilmore is founder and Managing Director of DG Legal and has worked with a wide variety of legal organisations in the private, public and third sector.
- Nick Hanning is a Partner at Dutton Gregory LLP who specialises in commercial litigation and employment law. He is a past President of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executive and chair of CILEx Pro Bono Trust. He is also chair of the South West Legal Support Trust, sits on the board of the Bar Pro Bono Unit and a member of the Civil Justice Council Working Party on Access to Justice for Litigants in Person.
- Laura Janes is a consultant solicitor advocate with special expertise in youth justice.
- Andrew Keogh is a barrister and head of content for CrimeLine.
- Nicola Mackintosh QC is the Sole Principal at Mackintosh Law. She has an extensive proven track record of undertaking complex casework for the most vulnerable people in society, and creating precedents for the benefit of people living with disabilities.
- Carol Storer OBE: Carol Storer has been the Director of Legal Aid Practitioners Group (LAPG) since 2008. She has worked in private practice, in the third sector and in the public sector.
- Bill Waddington is Director of Williamsons Solicitors. He has over 30 years’ experience in dealing with all nature of cases within the criminal justice system.
- John Cooper QC is a leading barrister practising at 25 Bedford Row, as well as an Honorary Visiting Professor of Law at the University of Cardiff.
- James Sandbach is a solicitor with extensive experience of political advocacy.