With a referendum on Scotland’s place in the union likely to take place in either 2013 or 2014, the Fabian Society, in partnership with Compass, took the debate to the heart of Westminster and challenged our expert panel to sketch out what a clear offer for the Scottish people looks like.
How do progressives walk the fine line between supporting devolution but opposing independence? What effect will Cameron’s interventions have on the campaign? What is the role of Scottish Labour? How best can campaigners in England and Wales contribute to this debate?
Our panellists were:
- Anas Sarwar (MP for Glasgow Central)
- Gemma Doyle (MP for West Dunbartonshire)
- Jon Cruddas (MP for Dagenham and Rainham)
- Gerry Hassan (Journalist)
- CHAIR: Joanna Baxter (Labour NEC member)