Wednesday 15 July 2015, 18.30-20.00 | Grand Committee Room, Westminster Hall, Houses of Parliament, London SW1A 0AA
The balance between national, local and frontline control in determining access to healthcare is a critical issue for the NHS. People usually think of health as a national service, but clinicians’ expert judgement and local level commissioning decisions have always played a vital role in determining access to healthcare in England.
This event will launch a multi-authored report, ‘The Local Health Service?‘, published by the Fabian Society in partnership with Sanofi.
- Jamie Reed MP, shadow minister for health
- David Buck, senior fellow, the King’s Fund
- Katy Munns, policy & public affairs director UK, Sanofi
- Jessica Studdert, political adviser, LGA Labour group
- Chair: Denis Campbell, health correspondent, the Guardian