The Science Room, Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London WIJ 0BA
Thursday 27 November 2014, 9am – 12pm
There is cross-party consensus that health and care should be more integrated: the government has led the formation of a broad-based collaboration to drive local integration, while the Labour party has championed ‘whole person care’. This half-day conference, held in partnership with Age UK, will discuss the unprecedented pressures faced by health and adult social care in England today. Experts from both fields will consider the options for integrating the two services, including a practical outline for the next government.
To register to attend this event, please click here.
9.00 – 9.30: Registration
9.30 – 10.30: Andy Burnham MP, shadow secretary of state for health, in conversation with Mary Riddell, columnist, The Daily Telegraph
10.30 – 10.45: Coffee break
10.45 – 12.00: Together? Towards health and care integration
- Caroline Abrahams, charity director, Age UK
- Deborah Mattinson, founder, BritainThinks
- Jonathan McShane, cabinet member for health, social care and culture
- David Oliver, visiting fellow, The King’s Fund
- Chair: Andrew Harrop, general secretary, Fabian Society
For any enquiries relating to this event please email [email protected]