Fabian Society member interest groups explore policy issues in detail. If you are a Fabian member who has personal experience or professional expertise relating to one of six themes, you’re warmly invited to volunteer to help set up a group or join one of the existing ones. Interest groups set their own programme, which will usually include discussing and hearing evidence on major topical issues.
We are seeking to establish groups in six areas – some are already up and running:
- Economy Policy The economy and growth, public finances and taxation, support for business, rights at work and social security
- Community, environment and transport Local government, housing, energy, climate change and the environment, transport and culture and the creative industries
- Health and care The future of the NHS, mental health, public health and social care
- Children and education Children’s wellbeing, education and development, from early years to the end of school; post-19 learning and skills
- Home affairs, diversity and democracy Policing, justice, immigration and asylum, women and equalities, and political and constitutional reform
- International policy Foreign affairs, international development and defence