Our members are at the heart of everything the Fabian Society does. Fabian membership is open to all who share the Society’s values.
The Labour party have decided members of the Fabian Society, and other affiliated groups, who joined after 12 January 2016 will not be able to vote in the Labour leadership election as affiliated supporters. If you would like to vote, you will need to register as a Labour party supporter. Click here to pay £25 and become a registered supporter of the Labour party (deadline for registrations is Wednesday 20 July 2016).
- Members receive our quarterly magazine the Fabian Review, a number of policy reports and at least four pamphlets each year.
- Invitations to Fabian events in London and around the country, including reduced price admission for ticketed events
- Members of the Fabian Society under the age of 31 automatically become members of Young Fabians
- Women members automatically become members of the Fabian Women’s Network
- Members in Wales and Scotland automatically become members of the Welsh and Scottish Fabians
- Access to the meetings of around 70 local Fabian Societies around the country
Membership is open to all
Around 80% of our members are also members of the Labour Party and the Fabian Society is affiliated to Labour, though we guard our editorial, organisational and financial independence fiercely.
- You don’t have to be a member of the Labour Party to join, though full membership is restricted to those who are eligible to be Labour Party members, and do not belong to another political party.
- Members of other political parties are welcome to join as associate members, who receive all of the benefits of membership except for participation in Fabian Society elections.
- If you live overseas, you can still join the Fabian Society.
- Organisations which share our values are invited to affiliate to the society. Affiliates include a number of Constituency Labour Parties and all the leading trade unions which affiliate to the Labour Party.
- Other organisations including companies, public bodies, charities and academic institutions can take out a subscription to the society’s publications.
If you have any queries about membership, please contact our Membership Officer Giles Wright on 0207 227 4904 or by email at [email protected].