Our members are at the heart of everything the Fabian Society does. Fabian membership is open to all who share the Society’s values.
- Members receive our quarterly magazine the Fabian Review, a number of policy reports and at least four pamphlets each year.
- Invitations to Fabian events in London and around the country, including reduced price admission for ticketed events
- Members of the Fabian Society under the age of 31 automatically become members of Young Fabians
- Women members automatically become members of the Fabian Women’s Network
- Members in Wales and Scotland automatically become members of the Welsh and Scottish Fabians
- Access to the meetings of around 70 local Fabian Societies around the country
Membership is open to all
Around 80% of our members are also members of the Labour Party and the Fabian Society is affiliated to Labour, though we guard our editorial, organisational and financial independence fiercely.
- You don’t have to be a member of the Labour Party to join, though full membership is restricted to those who are eligible to be Labour Party members, and do not belong to another political party.
- Members of other political parties are welcome to join as associate members, who receive all of the benefits of membership except for participation in Fabian Society elections.
- If you live overseas, you can still join the Fabian Society.
- Organisations which share our values are invited to affiliate to the society. Affiliates include a number of Constituency Labour Parties and all the leading trade unions which affiliate to the Labour Party.
- Other organisations including companies, public bodies, charities and academic institutions can take out a subscription to the society’s publications.
If you have any queries about membership, please contact our Membership Officer Giles Wright on 0207 227 4904 or by email at email@example.com.