The Fabian Society is launching six interest groups for members to explore policy issues in detail. If you are a Fabian member who has personal experience or professional expertise in one of the six themes, you’re warmly invited to volunteer to help set up a group. Interest groups will set their own programme, which will usually include discussing and hearing evidence on issues raised by Labour party policy consultations. Member interest groups will normally meet in London.* The member interest groups are:
- Economy Policy The economy and growth, public finances and taxation, support for business, rights at work and social security
- Community, environment and transport Local government, housing, energy, climate change and the environment, transport and culture and the creative industries
- Health and care The future of the NHS, mental health, public health and social care
- Children and education Children’s wellbeing, education and development, from early years to the end of school; post-19 learning and skills
- Home affairs, diversity and democracy Policing, justice, immigration and asylum, women and equalities, and political and constitutional reform
- International policy Foreign affairs, international development and defence
* In parallel local Fabian Societies around the country are being invited to establish time-limited working groups to examine particular policy questions in depth – please get in touch if you’d like more details.