We’re delighted to announce the launch of three new Fabian initiatives at the start of 2016:
- The Fabian Society’s retail industry taskforce – an independent taskforce on productivity and pay in the UK retail industry
- Access to Justice: The Bach Commission - an independent Commission exploring establishing access to justice as a fundamental public entitlement
- The Changing Work Centre - a research centre launched with Community to explore progressive ideas for the modern world of work
Facing the Future
Facing the Future is the Fabian Society’s programme on Labour’s renewal. It brings together a broad range of voices to challenge the Labour Party to do better for the people who need it most.
Through events, publications and research, we are ensuring that Labour has the fundamental debate that it needs on its purpose, organisation and ideas. Labour must make itself relevant for the 2020s and broaden its appeal to people who rejected it in May.
The programme covers three core areas: re-imagining Labour’s purpose; modernising Labour’s organisation; and winning public trust.
Following the 2015 general election, the Fabian Society has launched five new programmes:
- Shared prosperity – sustainable growth, responsible business and answers to inequality
- Changing work – progressive ideas for the future world of work
- Britain’s future – identity, constitution and the UK’s place in the world
- Together – public services, communities and collective endeavour
- Green lives – the environment and citizens